LUCELEC is a commercial entity and like other businesses, we rely upon prompt payment by you our customers, so we can continue to provide an efficient and economic service. In providing excellent service, we will be courteous and responsible, and all we ask in return is that you pay on time.
As a consumer of electricity, you are responsible for paying for what you have used. Unfortunately, failure to pay can ultimately lead to the disconnection of your electricity supply. While this is not our preferred choice of action, we are sometimes forced to do this as a last resort. As customers, it is important for you to note that by paying your bills on time you help us reduce our costs and so everyone benefits.
Issue of Electricity Bills
An electricity bill is dispatched to each customer every month. This bill may either be based on your actual consumption, calculated using the meter reading obtained from your meter or alternatively, in cases where your meter may not be accessible, your bill may be an estimate of your average usage over the last six months. Payment of bills is due approximately thirty (30) days after the bill date for all types of customers.
Methods of Payment
Bills can be paid in full as soon as they are received. For customers who are not always able to make full monthly payments, the option of making part payments throughout the month as funds come to hand is also available. Advance payments are also welcomed, especially in cases where customers expect to be away around the time that payment becomes due.
Payments can be made by card, cash or cheque at our Administration office in Castries and also at some local banks and credit co-operatives island-wide.
For the convenience of our customers, we have made it possible for payment of bills at various business houses around the island. These are listed below:
LUCELEC's Administrative Offices
- John Compton Highway, Castries (closed temporarily until further notice)
- Providence Commercial Centre, Rodney Bay, Gros Islet
- Beanefield, Vieux Fort
- Sure Pay at Massy Stores outlets
- Any Branch of First Caribbean International Bank
- Any Branch of 1st National Bank
- Any Branch of Bank of St. Lucia
- St. Lucia Civil Service Credit Union Ltd. - Jeremie Street, Castries
- National Farmers Credit Union
- Dennery Community Credit Co-operative Society
- La Resource Co-operative Credit Union
- Laborie Co-operative Credit Union
- Mon Repos Co-operative Credit Union
- Micoud Co-operative Credit Union
- Choiseul Co-operative Credit Union
- Saltibus Co-operative Credit Union
- Online Banking available to customers to Bank of St. Lucia and Bank of Nova Scotia